Friday, October 24, 2008

Hansel and Gretel

I'm going from memory here... Hansel and Gretel left home and dropped bread crumbs as they ventured out into the woods. They came upon a beautiful house made of candy and began to eat it. A witch came out of the house and tied them up and fattened them up for her stew...

twisted fairy tale, I really should look up the real version... I can't remember how it ends... likely a couple of variations...

I read an article this morning about how the weight gain or lack of weight gain during pregnancy affects the adult offspring... lack of weight gain supposedly leads to heavier adults... seems really strange to me. And the article ends with a gloomy perspective of obesity being close to impossible to cure... http://health.nytimes.com/ref/health/healthguide/esn-obesity-ess.html

I hate this contention which seems to portray the idea that no matter what you do (eating/ exercise) - none of this makes a difference for health. Yes, genetics play a part, but so do the toxins the FDA allows into the food supply. I didn't notice that the study included anyone outside the US, and I am highly suspicious of Rockefeller University because of the conspiracies related to the founder. I don't trust the integrity of studies like this.

In my own family, there are 6 daughters, and 2 of my sisters have struggled with weight issues. My younger sister was thin until our father died when she was 8 years old. She is 10 years younger than I am, and my mother was instantly a single parent. She ate for comfort and my little sister, I assume, followed along. I'm sure that my mother's eating habits were about the same for each of her pregnancies. When my little sister was young, we were just learning about growth hormones in the meat and dairy products.

There are several factors that lead to weight challenges and even obesity, including depression, but more certainly the FDA Frankenfood like high fructose corn syrup, which I have heard from my mother, cannot be metabolized by the body. I hope to learn more about healthy nutrition and not just lean organic by gut instinct... several years ago, I decided I wanted to be able to read the ingredient labels. The complicated list of chemical names caused me a lot of concern.

So, Montsanto's genetically modified foods is really quite scarey. Does anyone wonder the correlation between rising obesity and these unnatural food sources?

What do the Puppetmasters hope to achieve with a fat and happy society? --- Hmmmm, I wonder. The population is easier to control when they are weaker physically and mentally.

I don't really trust any of the politicians... Obama seems so much like the Pied Piper... I remain very suspicious of what challenges this country will face. I don't know if there is a better place to live, but other countries aren't bound by the ridiculous regulations of the FDA which has banned labeling of GMO foods... Europeans seem to have remained healthier than Americans. There's something to this, I'm sure, and I will learn more.

Keep your eyes and ears open when you're tasting of the "fruit"...

No comments: